Row level access control?
Matija
2009-05-11 09:09:00 UTC
Hi,

Do we have Row level access control option in all versions of ASE
15.0.X, or this is the option that is licensed separately? I'm
interested in ASE Small Business edition specifically.

Matija
Rob V [Sybase]
2009-05-11 09:27:20 UTC
This requires a license option, either ASE_SECDIR or ASE_ENCRYPTION.

HTH,

Rob V.
Rob Verschoor

Certified Sybase Professional DBA for ASE 15.0/12.5/12.0/11.5/11.0
and Replication Server 15.0.1/12.5 // TeamSybase

Author of Sybase books (order online at www.sypron.nl/shop):
"Tips, Tricks & Recipes for Sybase ASE" (ASE 15 edition)
"The Complete Sybase ASE Quick Reference Guide"
"The Complete Sybase Replication Server Quick Reference Guide"

mailto:***@YOUR.SPAM.sypron.nl.NOT.FOR.ME
http://www.sypron.nl
Sypron B.V., Amersfoort, The Netherlands
Chamber of Commerce 27138666
Matija
Niksa Jurinovic
2009-05-12 01:23:29 UTC
Post by Rob V [Sybase]
This requires a license option, either ASE_SECDIR or ASE_ENCRYPTION.
What about ASE_RLAC?

Niksa Jurinovic
Matija
2009-05-12 14:59:56 UTC
On 11 May 2009 02:27:20 -0700, "Rob V [Sybase]"
<***@DO.NOT.SPAM.sypron.nl.REMOVE.THIS.DECOY> wrote:

Rob,

When I ran a quick test for someone last week on 12.5.4 I needed
ASE_ASM or that feature under ASE_SECDIR.

Jay
Matija
Rob V [Sybase]
2009-05-12 17:33:25 UTC
Yes, in 12.5 the license option is ASE_ASM, which has been subsumed in
ASE_SECDIR in ASE 15.0.1.
ASE_ENCRYPTION also enables access rules in ASE 15 -- I don't know if it
enable sthem in 12.5 too.

Rob V.